Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got down Sat morning and talked to Seawolf as I'm his new dock neighbor. It was blowing a little but could have run my charter but all things work out for the best as Im pulling for a survey next week and needed to touch up some things. Heard that the guys were complaining about the bite in the river so I walked down to the North dock so see how buddies of mine were doing fishing of the Dock. Cooler full of nice croakers. I know Warren Ahrens fished did any of you do any good Saturday? Sunday was a blow out but again Cooler full off the Dock. Lagrange creek is 5 or 6 deg warmer(Seawolf told me the temps I cant remember as he went out fishing Sat) than the river and that might be making the fish less affected by fronts or more active. All I know is creeks like lagrange and Robinsons are sure bet right now.

Have a good one

Bobby

·
Registered
336 Posts
We opted out, as well, due to unstable wx, which is contrary to my previous reply. Plan B worked though, as we filled a bucket with nice sized herring @ WalkersDam with steady action for three hours, though, for pullage and man do we have plenty of crab pot bait for the creek. Will be in DVL this weekend to play, crab and fish some - hope it gets warm soon, but we know it will......aye...aye

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warren caught 15 crabs in 3 pots Sat and 12 Sunday. Mostly Jimmies. Before anyone tells me Im only supose to have 2 ones mine and two are Jrs. Besides Im doing a scientific study on what kind/color pot catches the best. So far one is out catching all the others substatially(10 of the 15 Sat and 8 of the 12 Sunday). Had them baited with croaker carcasses All week and only caught 10. Baited them Sat morning and Sunday with Herring carcasses and saw a big increase. Picked the first batch and will have crab cakes and MD cream of crab soup one day this week for dinner.

·
Registered
108 Posts
[exFished LaGrange Sun. from11 to 1 and caught 18 nice croakers and a couple of cats.Half on bloodrooms and half on fish bites.cited]

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BT Beleive it or not YELLOW. Haven't tried the red yet but will get one Thursday. Figured the color was to catch fisherman not crabs but might have been wrong. $1 more for the colored pots but if they keep producing well worth the price.

Have a good one

Bobby

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fished from the shore in robinsons on sat. for 2hrs. and caught 25 croakers and 5 cats!Not bad for the bank fisherman!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BT I thing the name of the place is Rappahanock Supply or Rappahannock Paint. He's on 17 across from Big Johns store at the turn to Waterview. Great guy and good place to buy paint and supplies. He sells to most of the crabbers in the area so your buying what the comercials are using. Hey guys save one Red and one yellows for me and tell him I sent ya(Bobby Jenkins the Charter boat Capt). I can't tell you the price but I think I bought a plain galv, 1 black coated and 1 yellow coated for 52 dollars but don't hold me to that. No rebar but he sells them to add to the bottom any size you want. First class guy an operation.

Rumbleml I was around at Burrels the other day and guy fishing off that dock was catching well. It doesn't always take money and a boat to catch nice fish. Knowing when and where to fish is always a large part of fishing sucess. Congrats on the catch.

Have a good one

Bobby

·
Registered
117 Posts
MR.J,I WANTED TO PUT THE BOAT IN FOR MY SON BUT IT WAS KINDA SNOTTY LOOKING FROM MY VIEW, SO I DECIDED TO TRY FROM THE BANK AND WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!!!ALL ON CHEAP SQUID TO BOOT!!!!!USUALLY I GO OUT TO THE BARNS BUT THE 24FT PONTOON WOULD HAVE GOTTEN BLOWN ALL OVER THE PLACE.(DOESNT DO TO GOOD WITH HIGH WINDS)WELL SAVED TIME AND MONEY BUT STILL CAUGHT FISH!!! THANKS FOR YOUR REPORTS................-MATT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts