Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:helpsmilie: HEY GUYS, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE BIG BOYS MAKING IT UP NORTH BETWEEN THOMAS POINT AND LOVE POINT?

HAVE THEY EVER MADE IT UP THAT FAR IN GOOD NUMBERS? I HAVE NEVER FISHED FOR THEM THIS TIME OF YEAR AND AM VERY INTERESTED IN CATCH AND RELEASE OF FALL :bigfish:

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS.

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
26,151 Posts
2001 and 2002 saw some big (40 lbers) off Love Point.IMHO- the big Rock were feasting on the schools of Sea Trout.Since the Trout have been gone-very few big Rock come up this far.A few are caught near the LP but not many.The guys anchor in deep water and chum for them.When they get a bite-it is most times a big one.

This year we have a huge amount of 8-12 inch Menhadden near the bridge.If the bait stays here- cross your fingers that big Rock will come far up the bay again.

Your best bet is the Solomons/PLO area.
The area off the Gas Docks can be good and each year a handful of big ones are taken near #78 to the C/R marker.

Never hurts to put something big back 250-300 feet.I like big spoons - they seem to catch a better grade of fish.It might only get hit once every 2-3 trips but when it does- it worth taking a photo of the beast before you release it :yes:.

·
Registered
826 Posts
My belief is the mid bay is loaded with menhaden this year, more then I have seen in years. There should be I good surge of stripers to the mid bay area.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The Choptank is full of them boys. You can fish inside the line that you can't in the spring look for deep water and get ready. Last year was insane you could only fish two rods.

·
Registered
438 Posts
There will be no large fish above TP everyone should head south.;-):D

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Your best bet is the Solomons/PLO area.
The area off the Gas Docks can be good and each year a handful of big ones are taken near #78 to the C/R marker.

Never hurts to put something big back 250-300 feet.I like big spoons - they seem to catch a better grade of fish.It might only get hit once every 2-3 trips but when it does- it worth taking a photo of the beast before you release it :yes:.
Thats what I was afraid of. I'm planning on running my boat until the end of November and will be keeping an eye on it. I just may have to trailer to Chesapeake beach or even Solomons for a swan song. Thanks for the info!! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts