Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The red hot live linning bite continues. The light tackle live linning bite has been excellent the last 3 weeks, with very good numbers of fish between 28 inches and 38 inches. This bite should continue for about two more weeks. The Spot are still here and the larger the bait the larger the Rockfish. If anybody is interested I still have October 29, 30, & 31 available for light tackle live linning for Stripers. Also, next Tuesday(October 28) I have a "put together" group which needs one or two more anglers to get a full boat of 6 or 7 people.

Don't forget fall trophy season is almost here. I only have 3 dates in the last three weeks of November still available and December is also booking up quickly. With the abundance of Menhaden I have seen this year, I see no reason why not to expect a "Story Book" late November and December like last year.

Enjoy these pics of light tackle, live linned Stripers caught over the last 6 days.

Thanks,
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,399 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's a slaughter, 100 fish in that second pic. Hope they are all getting eaten!!!!!!
nope they take pics and then throw them all back over board you dumba$$ its hard enough for the charter fleet to make a living right now with out someone busting there balls all the time its a big bay and a free country unless you see more then a legal limit fish the way you want and stop all the B.S

Reeladdict

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I agree... man there are 7 people in that pick that is around 14 fish per person. I am glad they busted them up and got full coolers lots of fish to smoke and feed the family with. Good work to the captain for a mixed bag... Catch em up...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Bon-a-fide is right. That is a slaugher.

GOOD WORK, GREG! :thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Once we begin fishing for the trophy Stripers in mid November, I will only be fishing all day trips thru the rest of 2008. Of course if the bite is red hot and we have landed two or three trophy Stripers per person (releasing fish that are not deep hooked while trying for bubba) the trips may not be for the full 8 hours. Also if the bite is slow, I will of course put in some extra time to capture that elusive "last one.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Banned
329 Posts
Great job Greg .... that's a mess of rockfish......

I'm also a charter guy and also have a foot in the commercial fisheries too. With this said .... you can't criticize one user group without fairly criticizing the other. Rockfish populations are down and spirling downward. Crabs and oysters are down too. We often openly criticize the commercial sector for over-harvest (often quite unfairly on this left-leaning website), but don't offer the same criticism to those who harvest rockfish.

See what I mean.

If there is going to be restraint in one sector, there should be restraint in another.

Or is the mantra going to be "grab with both hands if the milk is free (but limited)."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts