Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't plan on reporting for HRBT for a while due to all the jerk offs that are showing up out there in boats. I'm not saying they are all jerks, I've met plenty of nice boaters out there. Shoot, I fish in my boat there. Last night the freaks were out! Running wide open up and down the bridge, cutting you off, taking your spot, running their loud ace motors all night, etc, etc, etc. Couple that with higher winds than expected (weather man is also a moron), slow fishing, and a jammed up reel, and it was a less than perfect night. I still caught some fish, got a free workout, saw some fellow yakkers, and got to watch the sun set over the water so it wasn't all bad!

All I'm saying is "THERE ARE NOT, NEVER WERE, AND NEVER WILL BE ANY FISH AT HRBT, GO TO CBBT, THAT'S WHERE AAAAAAAAAAAAALL THE STRIPERS ARE!"

·
Registered
101 Posts
I fished my usual spots out around the hrbt, then Ric and I decide to hit the island, pulled out some nice croaks out there, but it was way to sloppy, so on our way back (midway) saw alot of fish on the lightline, caught some decent blues, stripes, and croaks. I started heading back to the shallows, and to my delight, found a nice school of flatties! the first fish I pulled out was a nice one! it was 24 in. and wieghed 6 lbs. it was definetely a stuffer, and ended up catching 3 more that were in the 18 to 21 range! anybody up for a fish fry this weekend[tongue]. Last night was started out fun with lots of slimy critters to be caught, but ended up great for the flat kind.... btw CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND ME A GOOD PAD FOR MY SEAT!?! my tailbone would really appreciate it, hope to see some of you all out there this weekend!
Ray

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ray, nice job on the flounder. I got one that was 14".

Last night convinced me that I need a bigger yak. The Caper just didn't cut the mustard in that chop and strong current. I think I am going to get one of these X factor things. Just have to figure out how to pay for it. Maybe if I tell my wife it is a safety concern? But then again she might say I just can't go out any more if my yak isn't safe.

Tom

·
Registered
300 Posts
Also had a great time. Little disappointed on the flat side, but I should'a stuck with Ray. Still, grocery shopping trip ended with a pair of fat schoolies and a ton of fun. Little sloppy and crowded, but the excellent fishing makes up for it. Tom, you sure looked like you were having fun when I saw that striper drag you around the pilings and through the bridge. I guess too many blues messed up your pretty flies. Actually, I know how you feel - been there done that a million times. You'll be back, you're just a glutton for punishment like the rest of us. Don't you miss that winter fishing, now? 30 degrees in the air, 35 in the water, no boats, few fish, ice on the pilings... No, me neither! All you can do is grin and bear it. See you out there.

Ric

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ray, i dont remember what you got for a yak? I have a tarpon and the grey "hot seat" at wild river outfitters keeps me booty-lish-ous![wink].........what is the wink for...i dunno?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah Ric, I can't believe I am beeahchin' when I stil caught 20 or 30 fish. The one you saw dragging me around became dinner. And the flies? I lost 5 or 6 but wish I had lost more. I love making new ones. I really need to use up some of the 'ugly' ones I made when I got started.

I had a good time. I had considered taking the Wellcraft and if I had it would have been a wet, bumpy ride home going around Sewells Point. Glad I didn't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts