Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Not really excited about this club any more. Still upset how this club was leveraged to donate funds that were supposed to be for member fishing activities. Would like to see the remaining funds set aside for a Tog trip in the fall. What a shame, this place used to be fun.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
or a liveline trip in the summer...

Or a Crab night !!!

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Brian-What are you talking about? This club never stated that ALL funds were to be used for fishing. We agreed to subsidize a trip or two.
Club funds were never leveraged, they were used to help out a brother in need. Voted on. I'm not sure we want to go back and open all that mess again but it clearly defined for me and others, those who are in this club to DO some good, an those who are in this club to GET some good!!!

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Don't forget we have some new rules to adhere to. The president clearly stated,

"From Here On Out:

Future polls (including those involving Club funds) will need to meet 2/3 majority of MEMBERS (not voters). Don't get 2/3? Move on.

Future spending for any item over $100.00 will be required a to be discussed at monthly meeting and 14 days notice of the item to be discussed.

Proxy votes OK but must be emailed to me. I will reply so there is an email trail.

Any member wishing to leave the club can at any time, no refunds of dues.

For now meetings will be at KYC. Club will provide food/snacks based on number of members signing up (on the board) to be at meeting.

Treasurer report after every meeting.

Meeting notes after every meeting.

Board threads and posts should be constructive. Have a problem with a member? Take it up with them-offline.

Sounds like the dreaded by-laws huh? I believe any organization needs some organization."

So I think it might be a good idea to:
1. Find out who is still in the club
2. Have a poll to find out how to spend $522
3. Get 2/3 of the members to agree.

·
Registered
843 Posts
sorry i missed the meeting .being retired and old i forget what day it is ....been real busy getting ready for my grandsons visit the whole month of july . I'm with mike live line trip or crab nite

tony

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about July 8 meeting at Mos: Crabs and appetizers...

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is no longer a president. Who would like to call all on the list and confirm who is/is not still a member?
All current members from 2014 have access to this board. Anyone with interest in the club knows to visit this board or show up for a meeting.

I suggest we start a thread on this board to vote on a trip or a meal (I think meal would be easier for all interested to attend).
Post on this board the date/time of the event. If a trip, someone needs to manage it. If a meal, just show up.
Whatever is left donate to WAF.

We can post and vote now, discuss at July meeting, and have the event, either the meal during the August meeting date, or trip during August.

Mike

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
The last time we ate out at the clubs expense, it was more than $522.Dave might remember, but I think it was more ? Maybe we would have to allocate a certain amount to each member of what's left , divided by number of attendees.If the vote swings that way as apposed to a fishing trip?

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
I know this will never happen in this club,but a Cobia trip would be nice.I have another split cost Cobia trip planned with Capt.Jorj Head this Friday with a few fishermen from Virginia. Jorj won the Virginia Beach Cobia tournament last Saturday with a 63.5 # Cobia. He's been averaging 10-14 Cobia a day this week on his sight casting trips on his boat. Now if only the weather holds up for Friday?An offshore trip would be a waste of time and money.For what it costs pp for 6 and the fishing is so poor,the chances of everyone catching even 1 fish is low.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Nick , the last dinner was $600 and we only had a lil more then half the members show . I would be fine with setting up the fishing trip , my rec would be a tog or seabass trip but im open for ideas

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
Nick , the last dinner was $600 and we only had a lil more then half the members show . I would be fine with setting up the fishing trip , my rec would be a tog or seabass trip but im open for ideas
More members seem to be interested in that kind of trip.A tog trip might be able to interest 6.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dave. It would be great if you could work on setting up a trip. We could just all go out on a head boat Like out of Fishermans Warf in Lewes, DE. That way there is no worry about haw many can go...Let me know if you need help.

Mike

1 - 20 of 51 Posts