Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last rockfish i will catch on the Privateer as the owner... kind of a sad day! It is a great boat and I will miss her.

Beautiful day. Best Spring for rocks i can remember. Fish are everywhere. Three of us today and we caught a 37, 36, 33. Only one had eggs. Temps are rising fast. Catch them while you can. Another couple of degrees and the big one will be gone!

Here should be a pic of the fish and the Privateer at her new home in Reedville.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
ALways a sad day to depart with a reliable old friend. Always an exciting day to catch em on the new one though! Where did you catch THOSE BEAUTIES AT?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry for the incomplete report... drinking a little to try and drown that little feeling that i have made a mistake selling a fantastic boat. I could not even clean out all my gear last night. I just told him to box up the rest and i would get it later.

We fished around #9 bouy in the Pot. Fishing slowed down around mid-day. Had to hang around until the tide started again to get the limit. Fish and bait were everywhere on the sonar. Fish hit yellow umbrellas and a tomic on a 3-way mojo. water temps got up to 68 degrees by the end of the day. It is getting too warm and the final spawners will be doing their thing any day!

·
Registered
861 Posts
R&B, nice report! Sorry for asking you about the large crack in the hull with the prospective buyer on board. Hope he knew I was just joking! He's getting a nice boat.

Mushy

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
245 Posts
Rocks,

That must be an odd day. Good Day fishing and saying good bye to your boat.

You were able to sell it quickly, so thats good. Maybe I should hire you as the broker for my Grady while she is on the market

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no problem mushy... he is a good friend and has been on my boat many times. He has always liked it. Nice talking to you on the water as always. Man there was a lot of bait on our side! Glad they turned back on.

i will email you if you want to make the ride down on the new one.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I am heading out of Wallces in HR tomorrow, any suggestions as to where we my find some nice Rocks?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wish ches... but you should not have trouble selling a grady. post the details here and put an ad up on this great site.

A "rock crusher" should be helping me! kidding.
[grin][grin][grin]

not sure exactly where that is... i will look it up and bmail you.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Rock Crusher, The Rock-A-Thon is a tournament by the Northern Neck Anglers Club for Club members and their guests. In fact the NNAC has six other tournaments scheduled for this year. Membership in the Club is open to any interested persons age 18 or older. The dues are $25 per year and members get to fish all of the tournaments free. They also can attend several Club picnics after the tournaments free. The tournament winners recieve gift certificates donated by the tournament sponsors.

If you might be interested you can pull up our wed site at www.chesapeake-fishing.com/nnac. There will be a schedule of the tournaments and a membership application form that can be printed out for your use.

I can also mail you some information if you bmail me your name and address. Dave

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that is Preakness weekend and i am sched to be at the race...

i wanted to make that one too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts