Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of the Magothy Wednesday morning for the run to winter storage down south. After breaking through a few hundred yards of skim ice in the river, made it down to Breezy Point in nice flat conditions.

Picked up a buddy and headed toward the rips. We jigged CCNP for about an hour or so and picked up a dozen 18-21" fish way out from the discharge on 6" chartreuse BKDs.

After leaving to find birds and coming up blank, decided to troll for a few bigguns. Pulled a 5-line spread from the Gas Docks across to the CP buoy. After an hour of nothing, an no sooner than the words "Five more minutes, then we're packing it in" left my mouth, the chartreuse 5/2 oz. bucktail tandem rod back 150 goes down. After the standard but short, "You take this one... no you take it" conversation, I grabbed the rod.

Got about ten cranks on the reel, and the 8 oz. white umbrella back 120 goes down. My buddy grabs it, starts cranking away. Great way to end the season - twin 39", #24 fish covered in sea lice. :thumbup:

Headed back to Breezy in 2' rollers and packed her away for the winter. Guess it's time to start bumming rides on my friend's trailerable boats.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Thanks for reporting. Your lures sounds like they were rather shallow so I guess I make sure to run a few up high on Sat.

-JB

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With folks catching so many off their planer boards, I decided to run a version of my spring spread which keeps them up a little higher in the water column. Most of my trolling rods are spooled with #30 braid, so they get down a little further than with mono, but not a lot. As for location, fish were in 90' of water near the CP buoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts