Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope Brandon don't mind this post on this site. But I knew alot of you met my dad at Rukes when you stopped for lunch. My dad was 93 at his passing on Feb 16th. He was the youngest Capt on the bay when he took over the Ruby G. Ford skip jack from his father in law and sailed her for over 55 years. He was featured on the old Walter Cronkite show the 20th Century and like me love to talk to everyone. Dad loved the bay, Smith Island, his wife for over 62 years and his children as we loved him. I will miss him.
Capt Dan Harrison Jr.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry Dan for your loss. I met your dad many times on our fishing outings. I was wondering, I did a montage of the Ruby G. Ford from shots in Annapolis to the wreckage at Tilghman Island. If I could get a shot of your dad as the captain I could put it in the Montage and present it to you and the family? I would be more than happy to do it for a friend. Let me know.
Joe

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Joe! I found an old b/w, in pretty bad shape when we were going through the house, over home. I will mail it to you, it would be very appropriate, he is at the helm.
Thanks everyone, my family just left the first viewing and I just got back home.
Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.