Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been more of a lurker the last couple weeks than posting. I barely had the time to fish, let alone post.

Any way since the water temps dropped in the 50's we have been getting out about every Friday. We have caught quite a few fish close to home light tackle trolling in the rivers and around the islands. Tried running around the more open waters of the bay trying to find the birds everyone else seemed to be finding, so I could LTJ, but never found a breaking school of fish.

With the cold weather the last week or so and all the wind blowing the water out of the river, I could not get out again until today. Left the pier and found the water temps down in the lower 40's so I was not optomistic about my trip.

We went to a couple of the locations that have been producing but not a thing today. Scanned the horizon for birds nada. Packed it in before the winds came up. Got back to the pier unloaded the boat and told them to put her to bed for the winter.

Hope to see a few of you at the winter tackle shows.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Phil, thankfully you didn't say "last trip of the year" period... but rather just on your boat.

I've been wanting to learn to LT-troll more effectively... so you're welcome aboard... though she's getting moved to Stingray's this saturday for the next 2-3 months. And I bet we could find a few schools of fish to jig up as well!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Phil - it's a sad day when you have to put her away, or maybe it's a relief. You need to get that thing on a trailer and move it to CBBT. You might get down there and never want to come back!!!

-Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts