Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally some fish in the boat. Had a terrible summer so it was nice to finally put some fish in the boat and to say we finally caught a limit. Crew was Tom & Mike my usual fishing/hunting buddies. Looked at the forecast starting Monday for the Deltaville area and things were looking fine with SW winds forecasted. Looked at 11PM on Thanksgiving night and it changed to Small Craft warning??? Just my luck, BUT decided to take the chance and fish the Rapp if we couldn't get out. Pulled out of Norview about 7:15 to NO wind to speak of with Mike driving the Fishin'Magician and me rigging rods and lures headed to the cut channel where we had got a report from a friend. Water was nice with no whitcaps in site and about half way there I looked at the fish finder and told Mike to slow here down and let's start here as the marks were of fish and bait. Probably within 15 minutes we had our first fish in the box about 26" caught on the small Umbrella rigged with 6" Storm mullet type lures. Making a long story short, tried 2 rods on the bottom with one catch on a Bucktail and another single on 9" white Storm. Three other rods rigged with a chartruse Stretch 25 and one with Bunker spoon, and another with a Tomic. Thirteen other fish were caught on the small Umbrella rigs during the day that ended about 2:15 PM with 5 between 22" and 27" and one 37 1/2". Had two others that we thought were over 34" and Tom and I both managed to loose them with our netting capabilities, probably due to non-catching ability this summer :eek2:. A good day for us and glad the weatherman had it wrong, in our favor. Hope to get out there again soon
when the wind quits blowing.
Tried to upload pics but would not let me ????, I'll try again tomorrow. Pics loaded today 12/1/08

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good work

Glad that you did ok. On loosing fish with the net, I generally will flip the fish over the side gunnel without a net by grabbing the lure (not a stretch though). I first see if the hook is set in bone, if it is then I pull it over the side, not the transom. Many boats with high gunnels have to use the net (bigger boats). I have never lost a fish this way.

24ft Privateer, Capn-Mike

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics

Added today, don't know why they didn't load last night?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hold-On

Just LUCKY Monte.

This is Monte, isn't it?:eek2:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice job Jack and crew! Hope to see you on the water soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts