Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after getting skunked yesterday at the high rise i had to redeem myself and get rid of the skunk. Brad (Shipman) was looking to get out before he left and was looking to do some eeling late nite at the high rise. Crew was Me, Brad, and Mccrae we left Little creek in Brad's bad a$$ Sailfish (love that boat) and headed for the high rise. Went to brad's spot and marked no fish or bait so we moved around awhile looking for marks and we found none.. Not starting off to good so we finally head back to Brad's spot and anchor up waiting for the tide to change. We didn't get our first bite til about a hour or so later I hook up but it immediately came undone. Next turn is Brad's he's hooked up and we boat a nice 35incher alright skunks off the boat:yes:. After about another 35 to 45 minutes Mccrae hooks up and we boat a FAT 41 incher (correct me if im wrong). After those 2 it got slow for awhile and the boat turned on us putting us parallel to the bridge and the bobbers out of the zone. We finally set back up and it was my turn again and we boat a nice 42incher which was my personal best so far. The wind started picking up and blowing a stiff 20 or so then a gale warning so it was time to pack it up and cruise slowly in. Awesome night thanks again Brad for the trip nice meeting u and Mccray let me know when you come back so we can get on some spades... Brandon

Forgot to mention we were hitting 6 and 7 footers on the way back in:boat:

Pics to follow!!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Glad to hear to found some fish or more correctly, found fish that were FEEDING. Spent the day around plantation on lotsa fish with lockjaw and tried an hour or so later at the highrise feeding the last of the eals to dogfish. We had slick water all the back to the Coleman. Good Job.:thumbup:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Glad we found some fish Brandon, it wasnt the "hot bite" I expected, but we did get rid of that skunk!! Just got back from spending 3hours washing, rinsing, cleaning and rinsining some more to get all that salt off the boat, but shes all cleaned up and ready to sit.......for 4 months (such a waste huh??!!) Thats alright though, we'll get after some more fish when I get back in March or so. Nice to meet ya!!

Brad

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I was thinking of a night trip until you mentioned wave height. Hopefully it was the blow that came overnight. I'm not familiar enough with the VB side to venture out solo if the weather is iffy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts