Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pride and ego required me to give it a try Sat. morning. Hit the water at 6 at TPL and put an abbreviated spread out heading east. I did'nt realize my pilot ignoring the eestern channel edge until we were already in 25' of water amid the crab pots. I thought we made the turn okay, but outboard planer line snagged the pot and I cut the line. Got a few more lines out heading west with the wind, much calmer ride. got back close to TPL, wind really freshening, planer board starts foundering, giant cluster F ensues. Playtime over. I feel fortunate to have only lost one tandem rig. I started feeling put out Sunday b/c SWMBO made me go to dog walk at Druid Lake Park. Did'nt feel so bad when I saw the whitecaps on the pond. I'll try again next weekend. Don't make me break out the dummy lines and ring the dinner bell!

Rockfish: 1 Willis: 0

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks for the report Capt...we don't often see a skunk report on this site..glad to see you can swallow your pride. Was wanting badly to go this weekend but after having my ass handed to me way to many times in the wind, I decided to forgo this weekend in hopes of sneaking out after work a couple of times this week. Better luck next time!

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
i echo what hohghunter said! you got more balls than i, that's fo' sho'! don't get down... it's all a communist plot against us anyways, so put it to 'em next time!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the moral support, fellas. Butch, I am drafting my complaint to the Committe on Un-American Activities as we speak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts