Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fnally got away from home for my first striper trip of the year. Headed down to the eastern shore plan was to do some eeling got on the water around 4:30 saturday afternoon headed toward plantation light we made several drifts in that area and finally got a bite around 9:30 a fat 40" fish. Fished till around 10:30 no more bites. Sunday morning we got on the water around 7:00 drifted several spots from 18 to 36a only had 1 knockdown and didnt hook up around 1:00 we got bored with the eeling. We had been hearing chatter on the radio about a few fish being caught off Cpe Henry I had my trolling stuff on board so we decided to take off. Got to Cape Henry around 2:00. 10 minutes after we got our lines in we had our first fish on. WE caught 8 fish between 2:00 and 4:00 the fish were from 34 to 40 inches. Back across the bay we went got to Kiptopeake and out of the water just before dark. Monday morning we decided to trailer across the bridge and put in at Lynhaven got to Cape Henry at 8:30 lines in and had a 6 fish limit by 9:30 fished till 10:30 and had caught and released 5 more and called it a day. eeling turned out to be a little slow for us but ended up having a great trip thanks to plan B.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wish the eeling report was better. I haven't been all year but I've got 100 or so in a bucket and was going to give it a shot on Friday around the Concrete Ships. I wonder if it's worth it to eel?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts