Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of Truxton Park around 6:30, solo. Heading out of Spa Creek, I toss out a BA and 10 seconds later get a 19 inch rock in the boat. Good start, thinking it's going to be a good day. Tried a little top water in the same area, no dice. Back to the BA, nothing. Decide to head down to Eastern Bay after reading some good reports earlier in the week. Pretty choppy ride down to BP through the wind and off and on rain. Once I get down there I start trolling 5 lines. Trolled all day from there, up in the EB and over to the west side of Poplar Island. Gave up down there and decided to motor up towards Thomas Point. On the way back, I was kind of frustrated, toying with the idea of putting the boat away for the winter. :nono: Then, I got just what the doctor ordered. I finally saw some working birds a good bit south of TP. By the time I got there, the birds were gone, so I put out the 5 lines and started trolling again, along with casting a topwater ahead of the boat and reeling in fast. Saw some more birds working not too far from where I was. Headed for them, the school went down again, but I finally got a hookup to end the long drought. Was reeling him in, which fought well and another rod goes down. End up losing this guy near the boat. I quickly let that rod back out and start reeling in the next fish when the 4 other rods go down, one after another. It's on. Got that fish in the boat, somehow keeping it away from the other lines. But when I was trying to get the net on him, I came up just short and snagged one of the lure's hooks instead of the fish. :eek: Nothing much else I could do but yank the lure with fish attached over the back and into the boat. He stayed on. :clap: Ended up being a 28 incher and my limit was done. The pressure was off now, so I slowed down the boat a little, and I was still able to bring in the rest of the fish, one at a time, with no tangles, no mess. The good thing was the 28 incher was the biggest, the rest in the 21-24" ballpark. The big fish was caught on a deep diving large plug(plastic storm,I think). The others were caught on smaller plugs and 7 inch bass assasins in opening night color. Water depth was 25 feet. Trolled a couple more minutes but had to head back in. It's funny, I've read many times on here about having multiple knockdowns at once but that was my first time I've had more than 2 fish on at once while trolling, let alone, being by myself. Winterizing can wait.:D

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
You were working the same birds as we were Sat... nice grade of fish. Congrats on a good ending to a long day!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
.....I put out the 5 lines and started trolling again, along with casting a topwater ahead of the boat and reeling in fast.
Now that's what I call running and gunning...WTG:rockingreport:....Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts