Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Broad Creek around 8am. We had 36' at the RP buoy. Lost two more. We finished the day with another 36' and a 40' at 62 to get our upper limit. Also caught a 220 lber and headed in around 3:30.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ouch brother,
Sorry to see that, I did the same thing last season but the barb was buried in the meat of my thumb pointing at the bone so I couldn't push it through. Sat at Tappahannock hospital for 2 hours, they had 15 people in the ER and one doc on call, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE HOSPITAL IN TAPPAHANNOCK (And the A-holes had the audacity to bill me 115 bucks for NOT doing anything). Anyway, had to drive all the way to Richmond, it took the doc about half an hour to dig it out with a scalpel. Lesson learned, no more trebles for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guessed it. That stretch will catch everything including yourself. I just had put new hooks on it before we left. I guess that is better than last years rusty ones. I pushed the point through on the boat to try and pull it out, but my buddy said I was going to have to go get a tetanus shot anyway. I decided to just let the doc take it out. I was able to go straight back at the ER to have it taken care of. Damn fish was rolling around in the back of the boat and I couldn't find the de-hooker. At the time I thought the fish was close to 34 and I was in a hurry to get him unhooked and measured. The whole thing pissed me off because we had to run home and wouldn't be able to try to get our bottom limit!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Everytime I get ready to use a Stretch, I hear a story like yours. Back in the box it goes. Has anyone tried a Stretch 25 with a single hook? I have heard stories that they would not track right without the treble, but since they usually track all over the place anyway it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have tried them with a single hook and I didn't like the way they ran. I like the idea of putting the fish in the box and letting them die before hook removal, but sometimes they are questionable on the size. After that experience I think I will go buy ten dee hookers for the boat!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts