Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since the wind finally layed down yesterday we decided to give it a try after work at the W. Norfolk bridge. We launched at city park at 7:30 and anchored up near the channel in about 22ft. of water. nothing much was going on but the current was ripping and i knew their had to be some fish. Finally after an hour or so of nothing we moved to some lit up docks and casted gulp and caught a few unders. At about 9:00 we headed back to the W. Norfolk and instead of anchoring we drifted the whole bridge span casting soft plastics. Immediately we started catching fish only 4 were keepers but we decided to let them swim for another day. total count was 8 fish biggest was 22 inches and alot of fun on light tackle. Brandon

good luck this weekend:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Glad you got out. Thanks for the report. I stood this morning @7 bells by the boat launch watching snow flakes fall. I was all ready to go fishing. My heart sank as the phone went off and my party for the day called and cancelled. I guess it will be another day behind this idiot box.

Good Fishin

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you got out. Thanks for the report. I stood this morning @7 bells by the boat launch watching snow flakes fall. I was all ready to go fishing. My heart sank as the phone went off and my party for the day called and cancelled. I guess it will be another day behind this idiot box.

Good Fishin
Mike i know what you mean i was heading to bass pro this morning and saw it calm as could be out there. I should of checked on the board first to see if anyone was going out otherwise i would have joined ya... Brandon

G

·
I'm headed over to the W Norfolk tonite despite the winds. The river was really calm around 2PM when I drove over it.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Striper On Lite Tackle

Brandon,

Must have been a blast on lite tackle.

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

PS Rock Crusher & I are going to fish his boat out of Deltaville Sunday to see what's going on up north. Report to follow.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brandon,

Must have been a blast on lite tackle.

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

PS Rock Crusher & I are going to fish his boat out of Deltaville Sunday to see what's going on up north. Report to follow.
Good luck Kevin tear em up!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Brandon, nice report

Those fish you let go are simply insurance premiums for the bigger ones you'll enjoy catching later on. Sounds like you managed to have fun despite the wind which is good. We haven't been out in about 2 weeks ourselves cause of the 3 w's... wind, weather, and work!!
P.S.Happy Thanksgiving:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those fish you let go are simply insurance premiums for the bigger ones you'll enjoy catching later on. Sounds like you managed to have fun despite the wind which is good. We haven't been out in about 2 weeks ourselves cause of the 3 w's... wind, weather, and work!!
P.S.Happy Thanksgiving:thumbup:
Beth i sure hope your right on those C&R's im gonna try for a big boy this week and hope for the best..Brandon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts