Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left repass beach at o dark thirty...so we could get out the creek and over the bar....
by the time we got to CH we were looking at 2inch rod rods and 1 1\2 ice on the lines...
Good thing we had another half dozen rods on top the boat....we dropped and trolled around the can and out to line....no fish, good marks..and lots of trawlers....started catchin a few fish...then the man came and scared us we were so close....but the trawlers were in the same spot....so we eased back in and lost them marks....ended up trolling around the can and inshore to line and limited out....Most fish were on the mojos and umbrellas....
I hate umbrellas but sank them down deep with 36 ounce mojos....and got them to bite...
I usually troll the big spoons and big home made mojos...but the bait we were hooking on the spoons were small...so we switched up to match the hatch....
The water warmed up later in the day... I think thats why the bite was later....
oh yeah...had a great snow ball fight between bites......but a bit slippery on the ice
guess next time we will have to bring the rock salt and throw it down....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts