Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long winter, we launched the alltackle boat at the Truxton Park ramp today. I look forward to fishing the Spring trophy season and off shore in OC this year. See you on the water.

Keith

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I dunked my boat in the water today for a few mins to check make sure my transducer move was good. After the dunk, I filled the tank up. Good gooka mooka ... It took 189 gallon of gas to fillup! Having a 284 gallon tank sux!

BTW, I didn't make any fish in the Tank. :(( Didn't see anyone fishin on the old bridge either.

- Dae

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dunked my boat in the water today for a few mins to check make sure my transducer move was good. After the dunk, I filled the tank up. Good gooka mooka ... It took 189 gallon of gas to fillup! Having a 284 gallon tank sux!

- Dae
I can relate, 290 gallons. $3.50 per gallon last year really hurt.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Beautiful boat Keith, although I would love to see a picture of that boat at the Truxton Ramp.

Talk about out of place. I can't believe you can actually get it in there. I know the ramp in between the two docks used to have more depth than the single but how big is that boat??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great dayand picture perfect boat. I can see from the shadows that picture was taken mid morning. Best of luck with all your endevors. My hotest lure in trophy season last year was your purple head 6 oz chugga with 9in shad. Thank you for your advise and curtiousey at the store. I'LL BE BACK FOR MORE STUFF.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Great picture. Glad to hear that someone else marked a few fish. Hey, wait a minute.... either somebody went swimming or you had two boats out there, or hmmmmm....... -Shawn

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful boat Keith, although I would love to see a picture of that boat at the Truxton Ramp.

Talk about out of place. I can't believe you can actually get it in there. I know the ramp in between the two docks used to have more depth than the single but how big is that boat??
It is 34'.

Truxton is a great little ramp. There are two ramps. I launched it solo with no problems whatsoever. Plenty of depth, big turn around area, and a smooth gradual ramp. The hill is a little steep approaching the ramp, but it works out well. No problems, easy and close by to my shop.

Also, it is FREE!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Nice job Keith. We used to launch the 21-footer out of there. I am surprised your monster can do it. Looks very nice there by Thomas Point.

We took the shrinkwrap off yesterday. If the weather cooperates, we'll be in next weekend. :thumbup:

Sherry

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice job Keith. We used to launch the 21-footer out of there. I am surprised your monster can do it. Looks very nice there by Thomas Point.

We took the shrinkwrap off yesterday. If the weather cooperates, we'll be in next weekend. :thumbup:

Sherry
Sherry,

Let's go fishing! I am surprised you are not already splashed. Where is your dock?

Keith

·
Registered
12 Posts
That Needs To Be In Florida

You need to take that vessel to Florida in the Keys. I can see you now just killing those King 'S and Dolphin, plus Black Tuna. You need to fill it with fuel and I'll take it down for you and make sure that everyone see "Alltackle" at most docks in the keys. What do you say? Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Sherry, Let's go fishing! I am surprised you are not already splashed. Where is your dock? Keith
Fishing sounds good! We're just one river south ... at Turkey Point Marina just off Selby Bay. Props are being reconned Wednesday so we should have everything back together Friday.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Keith is Truxton free on weekends? They used to have like $3 charge on weekends but weekdyas were free. Haven't been there in about 8 years or so.

I grew up crabbing the river side of the radio towers as a kid and that was our ramp of choice.

Many interesting mornings there. My first trailer backing experience as a 16 yr old:sweatdrop: was on that hill. It's true what they say about funny stuff happening at boat ramps.:D

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Keith is Truxton free on weekends? They used to have like $3 charge on weekends but weekdyas were free. Haven't been there in about 8 years or so.

I grew up crabbing the river side of the radio towers as a kid and that was our ramp of choice.

Many interesting mornings there. My first trailer backing experience as a 16 yr old:sweatdrop: was on that hill. It's true what they say about funny stuff happening at boat ramps.:D
Always free. Updated ramp since you were there in the past.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts