Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any ramps in Avon? We will have a house on the soundside on the northern end of Avon. The house has a dock so we are taking the boat and I need to find the closest launching ramp.

Thanks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I wish I could help you.Avon is only 9 miles from Teachs Layer.Maybe a good sounside map and you could run it up there; but like you said ,I am sure there is ramp there somewhere.I just never had a reason to look for one down there.Be careful its really shallow in and around there.I would concentrate my fishing efforts down around hatteras inlet anyway because that will be your best bet for all varietys of fish.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I believe there is a ramp behind the Froggy Dog restaurant. Like Richard said, depending on what size/type of boat you're talking about, you probably would want to launch @ Teaches in Hatteras.

There is also one in Frisco (Scotch Bonnet)

I'll be staying in Avon next week also with a 20' WA and plan to fish around Hatteras Inlet for the first time. I'd like to hook up with some veteran inshore guys to speed up my own learning curve.

[smile]

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the help. I was back in behind the Froggy Dog about 3 weeks ago and I did find a small ramp nestled in behind some houses. I think they may have been townhouses. But that ramp wasn't suitable for a trailer. It looked more like it was setup to make it easier to launch cartop boats, canoes, kayaks and such. Is this the ramp you are talking about? If so, I won't be able to launch my 17' boat there.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yea Ron thats it. I stayed in a cottage across the street from it about ten years ago and it seemed o.k. then. Probably a casualty of Isabel.

Anyway, I'll be down on the 4th and plan to go out of Teaches with a 20' Grady WA on the 5th and 6th.
Maybe we'll see ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts