Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard or every used Cabela's Lead Core Trolling line? The lead core is wrapped with braid and I like the fact that the line is color coded with a different color every ten yards, but I dont know how good it is. I picked up a roll of 45 lb test and figured I might give it a try this year. If anyone has used it I like to hear about it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I tried it last year and it was more trouble than it was worth. I had problems with line twists (the lead core line likes to kink and knot when it twists). You may have better luck I will say I didn't work with it very long, as soon as I had a problem with it I stopped using it

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Best thing about lead core is that it changes color every so many feet leting you know exactly how much line is out. Line diameter is thick so the benifit of lead is compromised when compared to braid.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I have an old Penn 49 spooled with it and have used it once in about 15 years. Mono, wire and the new braids are just much easier to work with. Good luck with it and I hope you have better luck than I

1 - 4 of 4 Posts