Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ones the Gulp Alive baits come in with the screw on lids leak, especially the round ones. The oval ones the jerk shad come in are not as bad. We found some containers at Wal-mart in the camping section that work great. They are small waterproof containers with hindged lids that have two snaps that hold them shut with NO LEAKS. If you haven't had on these containers of juice leak out all over everything trust me, you don't want it to happen. A friend of mine let two leak out in the trunk of his wifes car and it ain't good:eek2:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I use an old peanut butter jar. Seals up good, no leaks. I just dump all the baits in, and fill it up with juice, keeping any extra juice in the original container on a shelf at home. Easy to take out on the kayak as well and get in and out of.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dean, Thanks for the info on the Gulp buckets.

I have been meaning to give you a call. last week I finally got to try some of the round jigs I got from you. They were the hot ticket.
Used them for drifing some wrecks and had tremendous luck. Thanks for hooking me up bud!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Your welcome. If you want to play it safe just put one of each color that you have in a plastic baggie with some juice and see what happens over a couple of days. If things go wrong at least you have not screwed up a bunch of them. Just a suggestion.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mixed chart. swimming mullets and the pink and green jerk shads together. No bleeding. Even the oval jars leak and have to be handled with care. Thank goodness mine leaked in my water prove boat bag. I'm still on probation for a cooler leak in the back of the suv from last year!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Small Vest pouch, baggies and peanut butter jars and Tupperware are all good adaptations. Plano makes a screw top flat profile.container that looks almost identical to gulps but it is leak proof. Plano also makes a small water tight rectangular container with locking latches. Berkley should be ashamed to have caused their customers so much headache. The juice is highly corrosive to hooks and terminal tackle so if it leaks all over the bottom of your tackle box then Berkeley’s continued failure to address this defect is costing customers money way beyond what they bargained for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts