Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else plan to fish Harkers next week? We are fishing a week later this year. Have been talking to guys this week who were in the same house we rented. They have had plenty of wind but some fair fishing too. Hope things settle down for a good finish down there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bill,

I think you've timed it right... fished there this past week, fish are just now showing up. water was real coffee like during the begining of the week and tuesday / wednesday very clear water with fish showing up. caught a few, but i think we went a week early. good luck and tight lines.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it is always a **** shoot when you plan a trip months ahead of time. Bob Clouser told me years ago when I first talked to him about fishing Harkers, to go for a week and hopefully you will get several fishable days. We have actually been pretty fortunate over the past ten years and only lost a few days to weather. Some trips have been epic with loads of albies and some tough, as far as the fish are concerned. This may be my last year for making the trip. There is some very good fishing a lot closer this time of year.

Yesterday, I towed my rig to Tri-State in the rain to have a new steering helm installed. The rig got covered in road grime. Today has not a good day to clean it up so far. May have to just take it down dirty and clean it up when I get a chance down there. Thr fish won't notice but I like to start out with a clean boat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts