·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
--All posts removed by Author --Thanks for the Assitance -geo

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
George, I don't know anyone who practices out there, but you might try Lawyers, Find a Lawyer, Law Firm & Attorney Directory - martindale.com. It's a nationwide database of lawyers with a sophisticated search tool (by location, area of practice, etc.).

As I would say to anyone, depending on what happened, you might want to give yourself a week-long cooling off period before deciding what to do. Lawsuits can be a lot of work and stress added to your life.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
-----Goose, .

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
WOuld it be improper to ask what hotel you stayed at, so others can avoid what you and Ruby went through ???

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
--

·
Registered
132 Posts
You stayed at a hotel and had a crappy one night- not sure what kind of settlement you are looking for but legal fees might be more then the settlement??? What is your case? No hot water, long check-in and check-out? **** happens- it sucks- but your not going to settle for big $$$$$$ because of that. Maybe if the bed had a knife in it and it went through your leg- then maybe $10,000 if your lucky. Or if you contacted AIDS because their was a needle in your bed maybe $100,000+. But no hot water and bad customer service= another free night or your money back??
JMHO- good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Sorry George lousy service only wins a lawsuit if it involves discrimination, and I seen what you look like so you can't pull dat.

·
Registered
185 Posts
"If the Settlement is large enough"? How much did they charge you for one night?? A couple of hundred bucks? You want to hire an attorney to recover $200? Just forget about it.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I got lousy service at the Bay Bridge Denny's for years. The secret service guys get lousy service once and they are rich and get AND a public apology...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I work in the legal system and NO attorney will accept a case involving $200.00. Most attys are getting $325.00 to $400.00/hr. Sue them and represent yourself at the Minor Judiciary level but even here the court costs will be well over the judgement. Good Luck, Bob

·
Registered
654 Posts
Look up Lionel Hutz, he may have an office on the shore. Call the local bar if you cant find his contact info. He specializes in these kind of cases.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts