Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new boat owner this year (2001 Jones Bros.) and had the port trim tab stop working on tuesday. Checked the wiring to the control panel and it seemed proper. Connection to the tab itself also looked good.
I have not given it a hard look, as I've been getting the trailer ready for a two week jaunt to Hatteras. Figured to give it a going over once I arrive. Any tips or common problems with these tabs.

Thanks in advance,
rick

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Rick, Just bought a 20 ft 2001 Willy Custom Flats skiff with Lenco Trim Tabs. Im not happy about the wiring system of the tabs, nor the performance. Sold a 21 Parker with Bennett 120 tabs, I installed, a month ago and they just kicked arse. They are very responsive and reliable if that helps. Parkers, and Jones Bros are somewhat similar. Hope I dont have your issues.

·
Registered
656 Posts
First trip out this year my Trim master tabs would not operate.

Trimmaster was real good on the phone and told me how to check out and re-build. The motor had rusted over the winter. Took it off and replaced, The pump had sizzed too but was able to get it working with some wd 40 and turning it by hand when the motor was off.

lesson for me is to run them up and down weekly while laid up.

Boats

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems with Lenco tabs. I looked around before I got tabs for my boat about seven years ago and decided on Bennett. Could not have made a better decision. If you end up changing go for Bennett tabs. Their customer service is incredible. There's even a board on http://www.thehulltruth.com called TabMan and the guy who runs it wroks for Bennett.

Friend of mine some years back had a trm pump go bad out of warranty (5 year warranty on Bennett stuff) and they sent him a new pump free of charge. If more places were like Bennett, Garmin and Retrax (make polycarbonate roll top tonneuax covers for pickup trucks) the world would be a great place to do business. [grin][grin][grin]

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
My lenco tabs work great, no problems call the company.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed Lenco trim tabs about a month ago on my Grady 208 and they work great. A little noisy at idle but you can not hear them over the outboard when running. Easy install with no messy hydraulic system to fuss with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts