Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spur of the moment, but just got the afternoon off and decided to fish if anyone wants to join me. LTJ only, Bay Bridge area. Leaving about 1:00PM but can pick up anytime this afternoon at Sandy Point. I have gear. Returning about 5:00. Call me at 865-771-9123.

-Shawn

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I guess I'm gonna hafta start leavin' my gear in my jeep.:rolleyes: Good luck out there!:) We'll be lookin' forward to your report tonight.;)
I always have ATLEAST one rod rigged and ready in my SUV. For instance today I just went down to an urban lake that's supposed to have Muskie in it and practiced casting some giant striper plugs. No takers in my hour+ lunch break. I make this a bi weekly lunch meeting.

Wish I could make it to Sandy POint. Best of luck and give us a report. Might have to try this weekend. Kent Narrows could be holding some nice fish with this warm weather. C&R ofcourse.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys didn't miss much. Current seems to be a necessary ingredient at the rockpiles, and there just wasn't much today. I had a waning incoming tide at 1:30 that was so slack I could easily jig right under the boat with a 1 oz Hopkins. Advantage was that I could feel the slightest bite, disadvantage was that they were few and far between. Finally found a few fish way out, maybe 100+ yards from the East rockpile, but nothing over 15 inches. There were some perch closer in. The tide changed at 3:30 and I moved around to the other side but it was still very slack. Sitting gulls put me on a few fish directly under the north span. Still, nothing but dinks. Might have managed 20 little fish not counting perch all afternoon. Tried a few other spots but nothing moving. Not complaining, it was still fun to sneak in a few hours on the water. -Shawn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts