Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from about 630-930pm. T&R 3 flounder to 17" and two specs to 14". Man I forgot what a cluster that place can be. There were fish there, but the massive hairballs that are attached to every rock suck. lost two flounder (one a nice one) half way in when my line or the fish got into a hairball. Had the pleasure of watching two idiots come down (with bottom rigs and sand spikes) and start casting all overtop of me after they saw me release the 17" flounder. In about 10 seconds I went from having the spot to myself to being totally shut out with no where to cast. I almost enjoyed watching their rigs get snagged on every cast, but in reality they just made the hairballs bigger. I can deal with the rocks and those snags, but it is impossible to get a jig back out of a hairball, especially now that every bozo in town is using braid. sorry rant over. oh yea I got one lonely striper too

·
Registered
616 Posts
Gotta love that place![tongue]

I know it hold's fish, but between the braid flying, all the people in the summer and snag city, it gives me the freaking figits!

Thanks for the report!!!

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Nice, speks too! That place can be awesome and if I had one place to go if I were shore bound, that would be it. Many times when it was too windy to go to the tunnel I've fished inside that inlet with a boat right up against the bridge. The number of nice size stripers there at night in the fall is amaizing.

How did you catch the trout? Artificial?

·
Registered
157 Posts
[Q]Dixie originally wrote:
Gotta love that place![tongue]

I know it hold's fish, but between the braid flying, all the people in the summer and snag city, it gives me the freaking figits!

Thanks for the report!!!
[/Q]

Isnt that the truth.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Ah...during the day huh. Must have just missed you....it got pretty good at night.
Fished the wind tunnel last night and did real well too.[wink]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.