Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lesson learned is "Make sure you put the plug in your kayak (if you have one) before you paddle out". Chad and I paddled out to Granview Saturday morning and were coming in after 5 hours in the water and I fell out of my Yak in 2 feet of flat water. Chad was amused and I was confused. Why was my boat listing uncontrollably. The answer became clear when I picked up speed and Chad reported the stern going below the water when about 200 lbs of water shifted to the stern. Luckily we were near the put in. Just a little lesson that I wanted to impart upon you all. Stay dry and keep a tight line. Oh, yea, I caught one small striper early in the am with a red/white Top Dog. I'm sure Chad will tell the story and it will be lot funnier in his version.

·
Registered
116 Posts
that is one of my fears. always check. someone can always play a practical joke while the yak is on the truck and unscrew it. maybe i am just paranoid. but it only takes one time.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I think I will be adding one of those hand sumps to the bow of my boat for just such an emergency. I would have been bailing for a long time in deep water. But that explains why Chad was able to get through some areas that I had to drag my yak through.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It is a very amusing situation to see a guy paddling along in a flat, while the water is glass flat and the water is gin clear and he all of a sudden leans to the left and keeps going until he falls out of the yak in 2 ft of water. It probably wouldn't have been funny in 30 feet of water, but when a guy falls out the yak and then stands up next to it, that is some funny sh&*. (Sorry Juke) I am still LMAO writing this response. Anyway, it was a good lesson learned.
Chad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts