Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Wondering if any of you have put custom rod holders on your boats.

I am getting ready to get some custom holders made for the CBBT this year and have lots of ideas going through my head. Let's see pictures of your rod holders, what you like about them, and what you don't.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
How long before Echo is in the penalty box?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they have a reserved seat for him there :D Anyone care to B-mail the the BS board password. I think I have something there I need to look at.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
about 2.45 hours, only because I was on the road to the airport and did not want to mess around with the blackberry while driving in the rain.
Echo, do not even bother emailing me. You did it, you know it was wrong, I warned you way too many times. You're a reader now, not a poster.

Brandon

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Francis I have a set of rod holders that insert into a gunwale mount rod holder that I got at Anglers a few years ago. You can see them here in this photo taken while summer chumming

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
dude I wish i had a pic of myself with a false albacore, maybe one day Ill be lucky enough to catch one and use its flesh to catch baby dolphins

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
I have the same ones a B-Faithful does. The only issue I have with them is that you feel like you will pull the whole thing out of the gunwale rod holder when you take a rod out. I fixed that by making a hook that catches on the bar in the botton of the gunwale rod holder with a loop in the top (see picture below). I then hook a bungee cord to it and wrap around the custom rod holder and hook it back to the loop.

They work fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
My front two rod holders up front are angled out roughly 30 degrees to accommodate the rod running off the outriggers. I made a set of “goal post” holders (2 into 1) for these that works perfect when running boards.

I also made a set of right angle holders that fit into the outrigger mounts for running the deep lines off the side of the boat

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewelljx
I have never, ever knocked a rod holder into the water by not being careful when removing the rod.

I seem to remember in the spring we were HO's on a certain boat and someone pulled a rod out of a holder and in went the rod rigger. Who was that? :rolleyes:

Paul

·
Registered
230 Posts
you caught me

Damn, there were only 2 others on the boat and one of them had to read my post. Ok, so I have done it once but learned my lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewelljx
I have never, ever knocked a rod holder into the water by not being careful when removing the rod.

I seem to remember in the spring we were HO's on a certain boat and someone pulled a rod out of a holder and in went the rod rigger. Who was that? :rolleyes:

Paul

·
Registered
757 Posts
Okay, I too, have pulled out an out-rodder while pulling out the pole - and yes, they sink quite readily. The good news is that the other end of the rod was attached to a 39" striper, so at least there was some good news.

The out-rodders I've purchased have been on E-bay - $50.00 for two - so now I have a set, and a spare. Hopefully won't need it any time soon.

Maybe Skip out to start diving for out-rodders - much more difficult to find than an anchor - especially if we are just randomly dropping them overboard.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Wayne Morgan has a 2 for 1 set that he uses for trolling. Mentioned it during one of his seminars along with the maker.....course I can't remember. Seemed similar to B-faithfuls setup. Perhaps Wayne will chime in and include a picture?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Let me know the link Waynesboro

If you can get two out-rodders for $50 off E-bay, let me know the link, searchwords, or seller. I'd love a pair for that price.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you can get two out-rodders for $50 off E-bay, let me know the link, searchwords, or seller. I'd love a pair for that price.
herehttp://cgi.ebay.com/outrigger-rod-holders_W0QQitemZ170278008549QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item170278008549&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 you go

1 - 20 of 24 Posts