Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that I would update with a new thread since the other one is so lengthy. I noticed a number of blacktop trucks heading toward the new ramp and they were lined up 3 deep to unload. This was at 4 PM today. The last "threat" I heard from one of the crew guys was the end of Oct. Maybe they will make it. There certainly is a push on to get the paving done today.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Grampafish -- Thanks for the info. I've got a place in Broadkill. I use a "top secret" ramp thats a little rough for it's convenience to me... but the new ramp will be perfect. PLEASE keep us posted on the status. I absolutely cant wait for it to open! Been watching them build it all summer. Looks like it's gonna be top-notch.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jr, I can't go fishing. Too busy doing chores to keep the rest of the clan off my a$$. You would fall into that group.

Timo, it sure looks like they are trying for Sat morning. 11/1. I may not be here then but I'll post as soon as I hear anything.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Hey Andy, you know how those retired folk are.......have to know everything thats going on:yes: My retired Father-in-Law, paces the living room with the window curtains open, so he can keep tabs on all his neighbors:D

Just kidding Chuck, keep up the good intel. When am I gonna get to fish D-bay with ya?

Bill

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
New lewes ramp location?

How do you get to the new ramp coming from rte 1? Also, how many ramps and how big is the lot. Do you know if they plan to keep the old lewes ramp open? This is great news since it really takes the pressure off.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went by the ramps this AM (by boat) and the blacktop trucks were still pouring in. All cranes are gone. Lots of work going on. From what I could see, opening is VERY close. I'd like to say Sat AM but they may want to paint parking spots before opening. From a purely practical point, it is ready.
Old Hat, The new ramp is at the other end of the same road that the current one is located on. It is about 100 yards past Roosevelt Inlet. They will close the old ramp almost immediately to finish the new park.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts