Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Inlet at 7:00 AM and headed to the walls. Found a nice rip forming on the outgoing That I thought for sure would be loaded with Stripers. Rippin current, Low light, overcast, clear water... no fish. Fished that rip for about 1/2 hour with no luck, so I tied up to the wall to fish for Tautog.
It's been a while since I been tog fishing and I went through almost 1/2 bag of crabs with only one keeper to show for. Had tons of hits, and lost rigs from fish diving into the rocks. After 2~3 hours I started to get my touch back. I boated 6 fish, 5 of which were keepers. Largest was 18".

·
Registered
168 Posts
so what or where exactly is the "wall"? I assume it is at IRI?? Headed down there next week for tgivign and expect to fish. thanks

·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what or where exactly is the "wall"? I assume it is at IRI?? Headed down there next week for tgivign and expect to fish. thanks
The walls are not near IRI.

There are "Walls" out of Lewes in the Breakwater Harbor. One wall is along the Ocean (Outer Wall) and the other is just inside Cape Henlopen (Inner Wall)

Here is a map of Breakwater Harbor. The Icebreakers will also hold Tautog.

·
Registered
168 Posts
thanks CB, I would think on a big in or out tide the rock would stack up in harbor of refuge as water rips threough there..maybe like in LI Sound for the race???

·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks CB, I would think on a big in or out tide the rock would stack up in harbor of refuge as water rips threough there..maybe like in LI Sound for the race???
You would think right. Usually a lot of shorts, but still a lot of fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts