Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ended the day yesterday after the Annapolis fish camp with Rick Elyar and J.R. Whitsell from the CCA and Jigged up customs jumping on the boat to go hit up some stripers on light tackle and test out some new things J.R. has coming out soon. We searched for a few hours to find a real school of fish. Just as we thought we were headed home with only a few fish from mediocre schools we found a super nice class of fish and the sonar screen lit up. We knew it was on. I was throwing J.R.s new perch color with UV and glow in the dark head and him and Rick were throwing more conventional patterns also with the UV glow heads. I think J.R. might just be onto something because we had non stop action for quite awhile. The count of fish were lost but I'm pretty sure I ended up catching the most :) with J.R. in a close second and Rick had something like 2 or 3, he a lot of trouble holding bottom despite us trying to teach him. All in all I would say we boated 30-40 in a little over an hour. The fleet really has the fish dispersed and we had to go quite a way away from everyone to find a school worth making more than a quick drift. I would say most of the fish were in the 25" range and I do not think we caught a fish that wouldn't have been legal to keep all evening. It was a fun trip, action packed with Rick being on the boat and I can not wait to do it again. untitled.jpg untitled1.jpg untitled2.jpg untitled5.jpg untitled6.jpg untitled7.jpg untitled77.jpg untitled88.jpg untitled99.png untitled999.jpg

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
11,150 Posts
Now that's a good report for this thread. Real fishing, Casting and catching.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
seeing alot of skirted baits the last two years...
Nice looking baits. Does the 3rd one down have an Orioles cap on?
I think youre talking about the perch color he made and its a gold flake color on top. He also makes jigs with out skirts as well. I have been throwing his stuff all year and done really well with them. He is also a super nice guy and has become a good freind. He regularly donates to good cause stuff around as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts