Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few hours to get out before the sun set today. Thought we would have to go to the eastern shore but to our pleasant surprise as we came out of the south river we found birds in 23ft of water. We wernt alone but it wasnt to crowded either. Alot of people were trolling so we got to the birds way before they did. 1oz head with opening night BKD was the ticket.

Ended with 10 or so fish and 5 keepers up to 28". On the way in the river we found a pod of birds in 12 ft. I decided to try the chug bug since they were shallow and was rewarded with our limit fish of 19". My buddy's wife even caught her first fish ever by herself jigging a bkd.

Me with the 28"

Forgot to mention one of the mid 20's did have a sea lice by its dorsal. Water was crystal clear so maybe the salinity is allowing the lice to hold on longer up this far.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone seemed to do well down here. Saw the trollers pick up some nice fish, but we got them faster because the schools were moving quick and they just couldnt get there in time. There was even a 50'+ hatteras cruiser trolling through he birds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts