Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam Dunn from Tidalfish booked me for a trip today on Succession. Brought the boat around from Lynnhaven today to Rudee at 6:00AM. Seas were great but could not believe how many small boats without radar were headed out in the pitch dark. Get around to Rudee and pick up Sam and his friends for a Full Day. Well we had our limit by around 10:00 AM down South. We would have been done sooner but our hooks were made of rubber. We had at least 12 fish hooked up that disappeared. Look back after going over marks and see four lines go down and catch only 1 fish. Crazy! Things died and we ran to Cape Henry for some bigger action. We did with a 42" 30+ pounder by Sam!!! Yea Ha! We also had 4 fish come unglued while we were there as well. CRAZY x2!!!

Really enjoyed the Sam and his crew!

·
Registered
631 Posts
"Seas were great but could not believe how many small boats without radar were headed out in the pitch dark." Kevin, what did you do before you had radar? LOL

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
You must be wearing the tips off the hooks with all the fish you've been catching time to break out the file!!!

Lou

Nice work!!!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
WAY TO ROCK IT!!! Kevin will do what ever it takes to put you on the fish!! Want me to come sharpen those hooks for ya man????:D

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is just an expression. trust me I have two holes in my fingers from sharpening them yesterday.

I have always had radar Flounder or did not go till it was light. I know, not every boat can have radar, but this is striper fishing. How many times will you pass fishy spots cause the birds cannot help you locate the bait?

The swell this moring had them drop in and out of sight. That size is what i was referring to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts