Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Friday that I was going to OI and wanted to fish (my Albermarle was in the shop). Had two invites (Billy...27 Shamrock and Rich Taylor...24 Albermarle) before I got to the beach. Had not fished with Rich or his buddy (Chris Vaughan) before Saturday. Left the dock with the fleet. Fished from the 340 to the 440 and had out limit by 2 PM. Went deep dropping for tiles/seabass and caught only a single keeper seabass. The boys that fished 4/1 in small boats had a hard day. Out of 6 boats that I talked to at the ramp Sunday on one had fish (15 seabass). What a difference a day makes! THANKS Rich and Chris for letting me fish with you. Had a GREAT TIME and I did not have to CRANK ANY FISH. Craige (Mary E) PS Our tuna must have been from different schools than some other posts. I clean 2 of our average size tuna and ended up with 25 pounds of filets, so the tuna that we had were about 25 pounds each. Did have one that was just legal.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cottage is directly across from the Sea Ranch II at the 7 MPH. Saw a 24 on the drive down on the beach road, but can't remeber the MPH. Hope you guy caught them. Craige (Cottage address is 1724 Virginia Dare Trail).

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Great report Craige, great seeing you at the ramp at the end of the day

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Great spring report. Nice to see water where it needs to be as compared to this time last year. Hopefully last sats water will push back in after this next small blow. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope to fish OI this weekend on a charter out of Pirates Cove is the weather permits. Will post a report when I get back to Bull Island. Craige (Mary E)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great meeting and fishing with you also Craige. We had a blast. My wrist was not broken, just a severe sprain. I'm certain we'll fish again. Take care til next time. Rich

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Headed down this weekend to try and bumb another ride Monday or Tuesday. Thanks again for the invite. Craige

1 - 8 of 8 Posts