Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I got one for ya.
What would cause the line to make a taper on a spinning reel spool.
Its a 4000 Spheros (Shimano), and its taking up line in a taper with the largest diameter towards the outside (Taper points back at me).
First I thought I spooled it with the spool too loose, so I pulled the line off, seated the spool and took it back up.
Still tapered.
Any ideas? This is the only reel I have doing this $h!t. I have two over Shimanos, no problem.
I have never opened it up. It is a couple of years old, but it has not been abused.

Any ideas welcomed.

nw

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
On a baitcasting reel you can hold tension to the line on the side that the spool appears to be smallest. On a spinning reel I don't know unless it's the type line you have not lying right on the spool or a slipping worm gear or needing oiling or dirt or hard grease hampering movement . Just guessing. If you have a different kind of line try it, but I wouln't buy new line, it may not help. The line guide may be loose also.

moe

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Way to go. Why didn't I think of that,calling or writting factory tech.advise, I usually try everthing wrong before doing that. It's like asking for driving directions I guess. Most men won't admit that they are lost or that they don't know the answer to a question. I hope you get it fixed. If that don't work maybe they will give you a new one to avoid bad publicty.

moe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts