Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing a 28 Carolina Classic very soon. My current boat is in the building at Vinings Landing in Little Creek. The new boat will be kept in the water so I need a wet slip. Seems like Lynnhaven has better options and is closer to getting to the ocean. Am I missing anything?? Little creek is so easy to navigate, but I like the idea of being closer to the ocean front. Any thoughts??

Chris

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm also at Vinings. I prefer the location, otherwise I would have moved already. The traffic in and out of lynnhaven is more that I care to deal with on a regular basis. Little Creek is easy and quick. Lynnhaven is closer to the ocean by a few miles, however the time spent in the no wake zone would be longer. Vinings continues to go down hill though and a lot of people are looking at other options.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I stayed at Long Bay Point for several years, never had any issues or problems with traffic. They have good security and Virginia who ran the place was great to deal with. It was also perfect when it was rough out and wanted to stay in the river to fish.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I've got same boat and I'm at Marina Shores. I used to be at Little Creek. Like current location way more. Closer to ocean and same distance to bridge tunnel. I live off Great Neck and I use and am at boat much more frequently. Social boating way better too. Can hit a couple restaurants by water. Who's boat are you buying?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I am also at Vinings and came back after a few months at Lynnhaven. Boat traffic is one consideration but biggest things in Lynnhaven is the current. Most of the nice places in Lynnhaven are right in the river's current and when I stopped at Marina Shores they insisted that they have one of their people show me how to dock due to the currents.

I spent two months at the municipal marina which had openings but weren't any cheaper that Vinings but it was fixed docks and poor access to you boat with a very short step down to your transom. Also hot as heck with little breeze in the summer.

Only good part of Lynnhaven is that you can hide inside the bridge if its blowing north or east where at Little Creek, its a stay at dock day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a wet slip at Little Creek Marina for a few years & now docked at a private residence in Lynnhaven. Personally I like Lynnhaven way better for the same reasons others mentioned...closer to my house, being able to fish the inlet when the wind is blowing, & happy hour options. I use the boat a lot more now that it is in Lynnhaven. Boat traffic does gets heavy on the weekends and the current rips through there, but it has never been a problem for me. The main issue with Lynnhaven are the marina prices. I think Little Creek was $7.75 / ft. per month. You will find that all of the marinas in Lynnhaven are significantly more expensive.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
If you are interested in being close to the ocean, I would think you would be interested in Rudee Inlet. Can't get any closer plus it is cheaper than anything in Lynnhaven .

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
5% discount at Marina Shores if you are Retired or Active duty Military. One bonus of having wet slip here is You get one free haul out per month. I've hauled mine maybe 4 times in a year to clean bottom and have some work done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
We stored our boat at little creek when we first got her. Staff was pretty descent,but little careless. They left my boat sitting out overnight in a storm. Luckily the bilge pump worked and pumped out most of the water. Their gas prices were higher than anyone else,and they stopped carrying live bait. I considered that a plus with live bait. Now I just keep her at the house. Some marinas carry discounts in the off season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts