Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is looking to purchase a floating live box (wood). Anybody know where I can get one? I've seen the black mesh cubes with floats on top, but those tend to force the crabs into a small area on the bottom where they start fighting and piling up on each other. I'm looking for the type that are similar in size to 4'X6'X1' Thanks in advance for the info.

db

·
Registered
531 Posts
A friend of mine is looking to purchase a floating live box (wood). Anybody know where I can get one? I've seen the black mesh cubes with floats on top, but those tend to force the crabs into a small area on the bottom where they start fighting and piling up on each other. I'm looking for the type that are similar in size to 4'X6'X1' Thanks in advance for the info.

db
Build one. won't take but a few hours

·
Registered
603 Posts
I built one years ago, it was a tank. I agree, build one. it's easy, use treated wood for the bottom and untreated for the top. I can help if you need it..
Where's my shirts ! ;-) Number two coming yet ?

patrick

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just drilled a bunch of big holes in a rubbermaid and zip-tied it to a couple of PVC floats, the crabs didn't eat each other as long as I threw them a fish once in awhile. The first night I didn't tie the rope to the dock long enough though and the tide dropped so far that it tipped and I lost about two dozen (D'OH!) Since then I have put a longer line on it and a bungee w/ a hook to keep the top closed at night (Also keeps the otters and birds out).

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ff - it's not for me, so i'm not building anything this winter (no time - gotta get the new baby's room ready) but i see that they could be easy to make

pat - check your pm, baby #2 will be here 2/14/09!!!!!!!!!!!!

ellisCM - Thanks!! Good idea, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for all you input.

I was told by a kind fella that Easton Hardware sells them, I refer my friend there. I think I may have seen them at Angler's too - come to think of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts