Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with Skip 27 Sailfish at Sandy Point this morning to fish and dive for a lost anchor. I'll post the picture of the 3 stripers and let Skip post about the trip. He is a much better story teller. Thanks for a great day Skip. Picked up some top neck clams on my way home from my buddies Crab Shop...... Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Fishing? I thought you only crabbed! Nice to see you getting out and enjoying all the chesapeake offers. Where did you get the clams?

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fishing? I thought you only crabbed! Nice to see you getting out and enjoying all the chesapeake offers. Where did you get the clams?
Hey Mark, I fish way more than I crab. I usually just post my fishing reports on Facebook. I got the clams at Hardshell Crabs and Seafood in Elkridge. My friend Marty White owns that and Centerville Crab Co. He has quality seafood........... Gary

·
Registered
872 Posts
Now that's 2 great fishermen in the same boat. You know there's going to be fish going into the cooler. Thanks for the post and pics Gary.

Mike

·
Registered
238 Posts
You're eating good these days! And nice job catching fish. That's a really nice custom made fillet knife you have there. Where did you get it?

Off topic. I haven't heard you mentions Marty's tackle shop. Are they still in business?

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don, Vince Molina from Dreamer Forge Knives made it for me and also a chef knife. They are not cheap. Filet knife was $400 and chef knife was $900. Yes Marty's is still in business. Jim's Wife Liz is running it and Matt Merceron is managing it......... Gary

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thank you for the post and photos. I was managing OK on this annoying liquid only diet before a procedure, then I open TF to see your fresh rockfish and clams and now my stomach is really growling…

yep Marty’s is open and I only recently noticed that crab supply/tackle shop which was down the street from them (Bay Country) moved to Route 2.

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The owner of Bay Country is pond scum. He moved within a mile of Jim at Marty's and said his main goal was to put him out of business. Marty's is the best tackle shop in Edgewater. Tdog3 Good luck with your procedure...... Gary

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks Gary! Thats not cool to hear - I enjoy Marty’s a lot, though it has this odd effect on me where I go in for one specific thing and come out with 4-5 more pieces of tackle I had not realized I needed…

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Gary! Thats not cool to hear - I enjoy Marty’s a lot, though it has this odd effect on me where I go in for one specific thing and come out with 4-5 more pieces of tackle I had not realized I needed…
Jim was a close friend and a great shop owner. His customer service was bar none the best. He went out of his way to stock the shop with items his customers requested. I miss him........ Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts