Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.
Found a place online that ships black salties. she said that they will last all summer in a large bucket, or aquarium.

They come in 3 sizes. Im guessing small would be the best option (3inches)

They ship them overnight and it costs $100 for 5lbs (about 150 fish)

anybody want to go 1/2's with me? dont think I can use that many fish.

703-628-746seven
Adam

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.blacksalty.com

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
The small ones I catch crappie on but the middle size is perfect size. I use them in the surf and for live lining. The biggest mistake is to fill the live well with salt water and put them in it. They can last up to an hour in high salt areas. The best thing is they go crazy the minute they hit salt.. really attracts the bite.

Keep out of sun and a bubbler is needed for more than 6 in a bucket.. they are tough and can be used again and again as I do. Just pop a new hole in the back.

Capt Mike

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I use them mostly for monster catfish on my charters. The 4 inch ones are my choice. I have used them for live lining for convict bass and reds. I have caught blues on them as well. I order directly and have several tanks for them and shiners. A box is close to 90 lively ones and they will live in a big tank for about three months with no food. If you feed them you will need to change the water next day. They eat goldfish food.

I would suggest a couple dozen at Clydes or Tochermans and try them out. Then if you like them get your tank together and buy a box.
Hook them in back at the tail so they can be used again and again.

Capt Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts