Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Al & Dixie are out at Little Island Pier AKA the LIP this evening with a good run of small stuff ~ spot, croaker, roundhead, and few blues [smile]

I didn't make it out this morning so I'll probably head out this evening, maybe for some of them Lesner flatties [wink]

`bucket

· Registered
616 Posts
Wow is all I can say!!!

An angler from PA visiting for a few weeks hooked into a nice Shark tonight at LIP. After fighting the beast, we all were finally able to get the beast in the net and hoist it up to the top. The shark went 6+ feet long and was caught on a bluefish head.

After that I had a screaming run and hooked into a biter myself, but the constant head shakes, finally took a toll on my 80# mono and I got bit off. I then switched to a steel leader and had two more nice runs, but was unable to get a hook set. Bite died about 9pm tonight.

Small bottom fish was the main staple most of the evening.

· Registered
64 Posts
Nice pics Steve....I am glad they are plannin on eating that thing...If'n that was me, I woulda cut the leader.

BTW...that shark was caught or almost caught before...had a 16/0 circle and at least 300lbs metal leader in its grill.I know that biter was beat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.