Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from a friend who is trolling the VB Oceanfront. Not real good news so far.

He said that they are off the Ramada along with another 15 boats or so. So far nothing. Lots of Gannets working hard but they are not marking bait or fish.

They have been at it since about 8am. Anyway I thought I would post the info in case someone is interested. He said the sea conditions have laid down some but it was still pretty choppy. He is in a 38' boat.

Hopefully things will pick up !:clap:

Dennis:))

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Good News-Bad News?

Dennis,

You must have been reading my mind!

If the gannets are there it should be a good sign and hopefully will turn on!

Thanks,
Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dennis,

You must have been reading my mind!

If the gannets are there it should be a good sign and hopefully will turn on!

Thanks,
Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Yeah Keven. At least they are not those lying ass Gulls from the Oceanfront McDonalds and Kentucky Fried parking lots out there taking a dip to wash the grease off their beaks.:D

·
Registered
593 Posts
I got the same call from the same guy Dennis!:cool:

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last I heard ,20 minutes ago, they had their limit. On the way back to port.

By way, I see several boats off the 4th Bayside and a few off the third. Many over the tubes. Good luck to all.:clap:

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
YES WE DID~ started at HIGH NOON......birds diving everywhere - hitting bait balls ..........as I have said a million times......BIRDS ARE OVER RATED......bite shut down close to 3 and we headed in...........boxed 10 fish .......34 was the little one and 39 was the biggest......hit N miss 4 sure..... 4 on strechs 25, 2 on a umrella, 1 on a tomic, 1 on a lil chute and 2 on Mojos.....short short leaders 3 to 6 feet....none of that " I been doing this for 40 yeras and they gotta be 15 to 25 foot leaders " .........yea right ! Tell that to the camera ! ! Pics to follow~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts