Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked with 'bucket who is fishing the south end of Sandbridge Beach. Lines in the water at 6pm (2 with BWFB & 1 with live croaker, 1 with fresh cut croaker) while he is dialing in his new Penn 975CS. So far 3 sea mullet, 2 croaker, and 2 spot. All fish in the medium to small range at this time.

As far as the big baits...no hits, no runs, no errors, and best of all no skates! If I get an update, I'll post it!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE#1:

Skate free no more as he just nailed the cut croaker for the first critter on the day.

Live croaker, just sawed in half clean at the same time by a nice blue or small biter.

[tongue]

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
538 Posts
Fished Sandbridge beach (Virginia Beach, VA) just south of the Little Island Park fishing pier (the LIP) tonight 615-945pm. Final count was: dozen baby spot (AKA nice bait),15+ small croakers (more bait), 3 nice VA sea mullet, and one throwback gray trout all on a double drop bottom rig w/Bloodworm Fishbites (yes they do work Virginia).

Also ran two drum rods w/both cut and live spot or croaker an from 8pm to the time I left got ate up with like a bakers dozen 5lb+ skates such that I was pretty busy. Even included a skate double on a drum/fish finder rig where the one skate was hooked and the second was tail wrapped so I too a pic of it [tongue]

Plan to fish next three days in SE VA just a matter of which pier, the beach, or if possible a Ho ride [grin]

Thanks Dixie for the real time report for the TF surf board [wink]

·
Registered
510 Posts
swhit aka rockhead
what are you guys over here now after getting blasted on P&S?
this board needs some activity!

·
538 Posts
Yep [grin] And your right this board does need some new fish blood running through it [wink]

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
swhit/rockhead,

We have been over here the whole time, just hoing some rides seeing we are boatless. You are right, though, time to give this board some juice!!![grin]

If ya only knew the truth on the other, trust me when I say the truth, not what the spin doctor is telling ya!

Look forward to seeing you here as well!!![grin][excited]

·
538 Posts
"Also ran two drum rods w/both cut and live spot or croaker an from 8pm to the time I left got ate up with like a bakers dozen 5lb+ skates such that I was pretty busy. Even included a skate double on a drum/fish finder rig where the one skate was hooked and the second was tail wrapped so I too a pic of it"

Belated said pic of the double skate [tongue]

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm telling you. If they ever put a bounty on those critters.
Buckets a rich man.

Two at a time!
Was it like pulling in dead weight?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts