Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know a good place to get some spot down by the bridge someone told me theres a guy that sells them 100 for $40 i am taking my 10 year old son down there and iam not real familiar with the area

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Leo James sells Spot but only on Fri/Sat. Not sure of his price.

Buy bloodworms and you can catch your own - still plenty around.Most guys are fishing 1/8 to 1/4 mile due south of the bridge in 12-18 feet of water.You leave Sandy Point and when you get to the last A -frame pilings-hang a right and go under both bridges.Once past the bridge - go 1/8 mile or so and watch your meter for fish on the bottom or drift until you catch a Spot - then drop anchor.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
anyone know a good place to get some spot down by the bridge someone told me theres a guy that sells them 100 for $40 i am taking my 10 year old son down there and iam not real familiar with the area
I will sell you 100 spot for 40 bucks :pp It'll pay for my gas to and from Sandy Point!! Na, just catch your own. All you need is a bottom rig and some blood worms.I use #4 flicker hooks and IMHO they make a difference. If you are quick with baiting hooks and taking off fish it wont take too long and its fun catching the lil suckers:thumbup: Do what Skip says and go just south of the bridge. You don't even have to watch your meter- I don't anymore. I just line my boat up south of the bridge directly between pile #10 and the white clam marker buoy. They are probably 150 yards apart or so. You will be in 13-15 ft of water.

Dave

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the info i really appreciate it , ive never been down there for rockfish i live up north and due to work restraints i ussually only get out to the flats a couple times a year. the advise ive recieved suggest dropping live spot around the pilings so i guess thats were ill start

·
Registered
98 Posts
Spot can be fun for kids.

thanks for the western shore spot info. Is there any size that is better. Some I have been catching are 6-7 inches. Are these too big? I always thought they liked to slurp up the 3-5's.

And remember Dave, for a ten year old, catching 30-40 spot might be the most fun they have all day.:clap: First thing in the morning they are usually most awake and interested in fishiing. The livelining over here in the Chester has been kinda slow.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
No such thing as a "too big" Spot.I've caught 26 inch Rock on 11 inch (measured) Spot. IMHO the best size is 5-7 inches.These hold up well and can swim against the current without any weight.Any Rock that hits it should be over 18" but every now/then a greedy 17 incher will attack a 6 inch Spot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts