Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend drove by the house this week and said he was having trouble catching fish. So I did what any good Christian would do... I helped him and went fishin with him & his son today. The bass of course have no idea of the delight they carry on their shoulders for nearly four million striper fisherman on the East Coast. Today I added to that statistic and another fisherman got gut hooked for life. We fished the outgoing tide and caught several 22" to 26" schoolies as a warmup. The kids helped out too. When the tide was ripping, one of the drags went squealing. Duhle kept cranking the reel, but didn't make any headway because the fish kept taking drag. A few minutes into the fight I could see a dorsal fin surface. As she got close enough I could see how big and bright she was with that all too familiar greenish back and dark black stripes. The fish that provided the battle measured 34". A nice day of fishing. Good seeing you Weekend Mistress. Kevin I hope you caught them up after we left. We were short our limit but the kids were at theirs.

Good Fishin

Attachments

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Chesapeake Bay Fall Season .........................................................October 4 through December 31
........................................Minimum Size Limit..............................................................18 inches
........................................Maximum Size Limit * ......................................................... 28 inches
........................................Possession Limit - October 4 through December 20...................2 per person
........................................Possession Limit - December 21 through December 31..............1 per person

* 1 fish of the 2 fish possession limit may be 34 inches or larger; no fish may be kept between 28 and 34 inches.

Meaning a 34" fish is legal.........a 33.999999999999" is not..............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts