·
Reach Thousands of Anglers and Advertise on TidalF
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Locate & Catch Striped Bass on the Chesapeake Bay
Saltwater Fishing Lecture Series by Capt. Tom Hughes
Cut Years of Your Learning Curve

INFORMATION
In this 2-Part Lecture Series, learn from a well-known, local, full time Chesapeake Bay professional fishing guide, Capt. Tom Hughes. It will be a PowerPoint Presentation.

The Agenda contains a full explanation on why to use currents, not tides to locate productive fish, locating productive structures; reading and approaching working birds; selecting the correct light, and/or fly fishing tackle. This includes the proper line and knots to use with this equipment. You'll also learn which lures and flies to select, along with the techniques that makes them productive.

Boat handling will be discussed in great detail. This will help you to stay on active stripers for a longer period of time…which means more catching than fishing.

When the lecture series is completed, you'll learn how Capt. Tom Hughes prepares for a fishing trip, at any location, at any time, on the Chesapeake Bay, prior to hitting the water.

Location: Community College of Baltimore County-Hunt Valley, MD
Cost: $59.00
Dates/Times: Feb 7th & Feb 14th, 1 to 3 PM
Course #: 77052

Website click here

***This ad runs until Feb 7, 2009***

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just heard from the college, the course has been canceled due to lack of registration :-(

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support Tidal
4,762 Posts
Tom Hughes Guide Service
410.744.2351 OfficeFull Time443.690.3164 Boat
Fly & Light Tackle Fishing Guide

pattondds: Last year they had to turn away anglers because there wasn't enough space. I personally think it has to do with the economy and the college raised the price, which I have no control over.

Capt. Tom Hughes
Fly & Light Tackle Full Time Guide
Booking Susquehanna Flats Trips

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes Sir,

The economy certainly is in the toilet, Captain.
The admission seems reasonable enpough to me though.
Last year the weather was much more mild which certainly has a lot to do with attendance, I'm sure. I can't even think about going out right now. It's just to cold (for me) to do anything but stay inside and read.
I would have attended had it been closer to my home (Southern MD / Solomon's area).
Good luck to you this Spring.

GScott

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
I guess they cancelled both dates? I just saw the ad just now and was gonna sign up for the 14th.

I there any way I can get you on my boat for 60 bucks Capt. Tom? :D ;-)

-JB

·
Registered
678 Posts
move about 60 miles south and I'll be there. Why not do the lecture at one of the MSSA meetings in the area?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.