Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Loch today.Water had good color.Saw 2 Bass caught.The guys were very vocal..Wham Whoopy Wow stuff.Thought they were hung to some really big bass...Not...2/3#lbrs.They even filmed it????Myself & a friend landed 12 pickerel 1-3lbs.,lost twice that many and landed 2 jumbo Yellow perch 12/14 in.and as wide as your hand.Lost 3 more.End of report.Ask no Questions & I'll tell no lies.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Oh come on... at least tell us what the pickerel hit. I was fishing there from shore on April 1 as well (zero caught). From the Dulaney Valley Bridge the water appeared to be definitely well off color, too muddy for my liking. Water in Getzes Cove looked a lot better so you might have to hunt for decent water, probably in the lower half down lake from Dulaney Bridge.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
fished there sunday, bad idea, too windy

only fished 3 hours, nothing to show for it, water was very stained. Maybe it will clear by the weekend.

Those pickerel love a smoke super fluke, was tearing them up before the loch closed for the season.

see you all out there, tight lines.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
"""Those pickerel love a smoke super fluke, was tearing them up before the loch closed for the season"""

Frank - I was using a 4" soft plastic rigged weedless. I was fishing deep in the the willows and down trees but no pickerel. I think they do like clearer water. While working the plastic in close, I saw a very nice crappie take a swipe at it but missed. I then switched over to a 1.5" crappie tube but he never showed up again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went on the loch friday the first
caught nothing
I gotta know where to fish

go to
mdfishing.blogspot.com or fishinmd.blogspot.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts