Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out with Buckle07 tomorrow for opening day. I'm sure he and I will both be tossing senkos to start... with the arsenal in reserve if that's not working. Any advice for the pre-spawn bass, especially given this cold front moving through?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I imagine it will be tough fishing. They might move back into a little deeper water. If the sun is out in the afternoon, they may move back to the shallow water.

Good luck
Mike

·
Registered
289 Posts
We will be fishing from a boat. I was fishing from the shore there last Friday and pulled a few decent bass in. That was however, last week, when it was warm. I hope this cold front doesn't give them lock-jaw.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick,

the zebra mussle affidavit keeps me from going in a yak, as I don't want a Baltimore reservoir only yak. I've never gotten a straight answer as to whether they actually enforce that or not.

Josh

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
It's not imposible to catch a few Bass tommorrow.I'm hoping for a 10 pickerel day with a few Jumbo yellows thrown in.That will make my day.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Though I'm sure we can find some bass... I may just bring a Northern Pike rod too. Hopefully the fishing center can tell us where the warm water is.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
What warm water?It's 11pm. 37 deg. and the wind is still howling.The warmest would be the NW factor....after the sun comes up.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Got there 5:58 am.Waited in line til 7:15 to get my kayak permit.Thawed out in the truck in35 deg.temps. & wind.Through the Kayak overboard at 8:00.Returned at 12 pm.7 Pickerel 1.5-3. #.All released.The coldest opening morning I ever fished there.The Bass bite must have been tough.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice Job Captn...

We found those pesky pickeral active too... and believe it or not had a stellar bass bite too. See my separate report. It was cold, the entire morning, without a doubt.

Sorry I didn't run into ya Nick... would have liked to meet you and talked kayak fishing for a bit.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
You guys did pretty good considering the cold weather.I didn't catch 1 pesky Bass opening day.I catch bass by accident.Others catch Pickerel by accident.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts