I was skunked at loch raven again havent caught anything there in awhile
i need some locations i dont have a boat and dont rent on either
LOCH RAVEN Fishing Websites

fishinmd.blogspot.com
mdfishing.blogspot.com

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
When the water's up the way it is now, it's kinda tough without a boat. Consider renting one in a couple of weeks when the water warms a bit. Ask the guys at the center for panfish advice and you'll catch all you want, especially white perch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You are not alone, Bobby. I fished up there all my life and Stingray is right: Muddy water=no fish. Tough water to fish. Boats are great, but the reg's are tough. The most fun I had fishing was to wade out in shallow coves during the summer, in the morning and evening hours and fish the panfish and small Bass as they cruise into the shallows. Lots of fun, but not big fish.
Have a good one,
Frank Stevanus

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I've had a lot of luck trolling back and forth across the closest bridge to the fishing center and between the main shore and island to the right of the bridge as you are approaching it.
Have caught crappie, perch, and pike (I think just know it had long snout and nasty looking teeth) have even snagged a small bass or two.
Dave

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Fished there Thursday..April 7.from a boat with a friend.2nd.trip this year.Caught around 10 pickerel,2 large Yellow perch.had around 30 bites,they were tough to hook.Saw a boat catch around 10 small bass.The water was dirty for Loch Raven but clear by Bay standards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts