Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st, if this thread doesn't belong here, please advise.

I am in the hunt for a 2-4 year old 19-20 CC hull or hull/motor. I have an '01 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke that is in great shape that I can mount on the hull.

My needs are simple as is my fishing. I do LTJ and Fly on the Potomac (DC waters) down to Point Lookout with an occasional jaunt to Pax River, Eastern Bay etc.

If you know of a boat that may be on the market (no fancy gadgets), please advise. A survey will be done before purchase (I got burned on my last hull).

Thanks!

Ernie

·
Registered
327 Posts
Look at the Carolina Skiff 218dlv. It will do what you want - be very efficient with that motor and new will run you the same or less than a used boat. Check Eds Marine Superstore to get an idea where they start - then take $1,000 - $2000 off that if you are a tough negotiator.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at the Carolina Skiff 218dlv.
I am actually stopping in at Beacon Light marina tomorrow PM to look at the very same model you mention. They can sell everything minus the engine. I have also been in touch with Ed's.

Thanks for the advice!!

Ernie

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I really want to actually see and hopefully ride in the 21DLV. I was going to go the Baltimore Boat show just to see that boat but never made it because of too many diapers and I am busy again this weekend.

Kiko, let me know what you think of it and how it rides. We'll meet down at the Potomac one day this spring I'm sure. I wouldn't mind seeing the 19' either, that might even fit in the garage. Imagine how well that would move with a 115 on it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jon,

I went to Beacon Light marina today (on the way back form a business meeting in Reading) and looked at a 19 and a 21 footer. They are not pretty boats but they have a lot of promise. They are huge inside…lots of room and virtually no appendages.

Since I now have a 19 footer, the 21 was appealing and the price difference is negligible. I will most likely use my 115 Suzuki 4 stroke on it.

For what I do, it's almost perfect. I am going to do a sea trial on Jan. 31 in the PM.

Ernie

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Just a thought. Down the road from me (I'm in delaware. Thats not that far from you), their is a boat builded. they build, what they call a 20ft center console. Its built (now this is were the fun begains, I can just hear some purest comeplain) in the 20ft seacraft mould. Thats right and I didn't stutter either. They told me it sells for right around $10,000 with trailer. No motor. I think that will fit what you may be looking for. If you are thinking about somthing in that price range.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Thier called Ocean designs. Thier just south of sylbyville on 113.
you have to know their there or you will pass them by. their main building is on a back road. I think they have a web page. The boat i'm talking about is built in the 1969 mould. their not fancy but they are sea worthy. You can get them with or with out an inner liner. I like the one with out the inner liner. Gives you more room to store rods under the gunnel cap, just like the Parkers. If you can't find them on the web and want to talk to them. I'll slip down their and get you their phone number.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked high and low and couldn't find them. I would appreciate a phone number if you can get it.

Thanks!

Ernie

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
kilo13 I'll get the phone number for you monday. I don't think their open on the week end. Their a very small builder. Infact they build in ground fiberglass swimming pools inbtween building boats to make ends meet.

dave sorry, missed your post last nite. they do build smaller ones but I never asked about that mould. They also build a 18ft scowl its alot like a jon only bigger. I really like the boat for the back bays over here. It even does ok in the inlet. I found one used. That iwas built by onther build that I'm trying to get info on.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a friend who is selling his 19' Wellcraft CC on Boat Trader.com for $10,600. Sweet boat for the money. It has a Johnson Ocean Pro 150 on it. It runs great.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks Walt. I'll have to give them a buzz when we get back in the market and talk to them about their smaller boats. David

·
Registered
286 Posts
Not in Delaware. His boat is down here on the Piankatank River in Middlesex County.

Here are the specs of his ad on boattraderonline:
1998 WELLCRAFT 190 CCF 19' 4" GREAT ALL AROUND BOAT IN TOP CONDITION. 150 HP JOHNSON OCEAN PRO RUNS GREAT. GALVANIZED TRAILER. 2 STARTING BATTERIES. VHF, FISHFINDER, STEREO, GPS W/CHES BAY CHARTS, RAW WATER WASHDOWN,LIVEWELL, SWIM LADDER,TRIM INDICATOR,50 GALLON FUEL TANK.More Details \& Photos Email Seller (804) 559-1722

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
just wondering. Their is a wellcraft set up the same way a few miles from me for sale. Their is also a 22 mako up the road on 20 for under $6000.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts