Tidal Fish Forum banner

Looking for 4x4 Diesel truck .

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  OILMAN 
#1 ·
My wife and I are looking to buy a Truck for my son's 16th birthday,if anyone know's or see's one please let us know.Looking for 2003 or newer with crew cab..:rockon:

#5 ·
I have an 08 f250 6.8 powerstroke that left me on the side of the road lastnight. Its at the dealer getting some warranty work done if you want to see it:D
My 04 duramax never left me out to dry, now someone tell me why I sold it?:helpsmilie:

Oh yeah, it's a hike but they have a lot of used diesels Diesel Trucks for Sale: Ford Power Stroke, Dodge Cummins, Chevy Duramax from Handpicked Western Trucks LLC. Current Inventory
I've never done any buisiness with them but I drive past there and they have some nice trucks.
Good luck,
Taylor

#6 ·
Wow ! My parents bought my brother and I a '71 Maverick that we had to share - and we were grateful as hell. $400 for the car, and we proceeded to drop a $250 stereo in it. Had a lot of fun in that car ;)

I was looking at diesel Excursions the other day (just for the hell of it) and prices seemed better on cars.com than on Craigslist.

#7 ·
Wow ! My parents bought my brother and I a '71 Maverick that we had to share - and we were grateful as hell. $400 for the car, and we proceeded to drop a $250 stereo in it. Had a lot of fun in that car ;)

I was looking at diesel Excursions the other day (just for the hell of it) and prices seemed better on cars.com than on Craigslist.
My buddy has a 7.3l excursion I wish my wife would go for one, but instead she wants a mini :helpsmilie:

#10 ·
A new truck and a new driver - expensive combo :eek:.
Might be best to start him out with an older truck.Less expensive plus if it gets beat up - you are not out too much.

Our daughter tore up my wife's mini van - in the driveway.She misjudged the mirror and caught the side of the house :rolleyes:.Just a rookie driver mistake - lucky the van is 9 years old.

If you are set on a new onne - most dealerships have plenty of trucks.

#11 ·
haha, i got a used truck when i turned 16. went fishing in my yak and came back a few hours later to find the fire department ripping the front end open/off because it was on fire!!! worst day ever. been without one for a few years now

#16 ·
He has been working the summer's since he was 11 year's old mowing grass, scraping metal and mateing on a boat and has saved up over $9000.00 .We told him we would match what ever he gives toward's it and he can may us back monthly for our part.Thank's for all the input ,we will be making some call's today.

#18 ·
Eminent Brother,
I've had 3 diesel trucks (including my current 7.3 PS Lemmonmobile) and I would advise you to go with a multi-port fuel injected gas engine instead. I've had to live through 4 first time drivers with a fifth on the way. I learned from experience that for first timers Big is Bad and Small is not as bad. What ever you get, keep in mind it will be in an accident soon enough. It's just unavoidable with kids. So for a first time driver I'd go smaller then a full size PU. A Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Frontier would be the most bullet-proof of the smaller PU's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.